Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 22


When life hands you lemons, put them in a really pretty bowl.
6 x 6 inch, oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy
Click for purchase information.

This is the first time I've ever painted lemons. Hard to believe, since lemons are one of the first things most people learn to paint. Not me. When I started painting, I jumped right into painting what I WANTED to paint - namely, things with a face. :-)

I think it's good for me to revisit the fundamentals, now that I'm more interested in the whys and the hows, rather than jumping right to the fun stuff. In the end, it's only going to strengthen ALL of my artwork.

I like how the brushstrokes suggest the form of the lemons, and I really feel like I got the color of the wood-fired bowl, even though the shape looks a little off to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment