Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 28


Leaning Away, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

This painting is more to me about color and brush strokes than about pears. The pears just happen to be the reason for it.

I ADORE this color combo! Not one of these colors is straight from the tube. In fact, I very rarely use any color straight from the tube, they always get mixed with another color. Straight color is too loud, in most cases.

Did I mention that I'm using a very limited palette for these paintings? A warm and cool yellow, a warm and cool red, and a warm and cool blue. Transparant red oxide mixed with ultramarine blue when I need black. All the browns and grays are mixed with red, yellow, and blue. 

Lovely, yummy colors harmonizing and playing together so nicely... 

No comments:

Post a Comment