Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 30


Greetings, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

This one should not have been a daily painting. It was far too ambitious. This should have been painted slowly over several days, but I was sure I could do it because I had completed Day 26 in about 4 or 5 hours. This one ended up taking me an entire day and part of the next one. I got frustrated and a little panicky as I realized I wasn't going to finish in one day, which of course made things end up taking even longer, but it is what it is - a great lesson for me not to bite off more than I can chew with these daily paintings.

It's also a study for a new series of studio paintings I'm getting ready to start of dogs at the farmers market. This little guy's name was Gatsby, and he was absolutely adorable. A rescued Italian Greyhound/Terrier mix. My husband and I both fell madly in love with him.

2 comments: