Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 60



Two Lemons, 6 x 6 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

I'm trying not to spend as much time on some of these dailys lately, because I have deadlines coming up and need to get some larger pieces done. These lemons were painted in about 30 to 40 minutes, with lots of loose, sweeping strokes, working and re-working until I got to this point. It was very freeing, although a little scary at first to give up the control I normally have over the brush. 

This painting was a good experiment for me. In the future, I can see my work evolving into a happy medium between chaos and control. Sort of like riding a spirited horse - you want the thrill of the ride, but you don't want to fall off and crack your head open, either. 

Here's a painting on my other blog that I did a few days ago. It should give you an idea of what I mean:

And here are the lemons I painted back on day 22. Same bowl, too. Huge difference!!


No comments:

Post a Comment