Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 67


Tape Measure and Iced Tea
6 x 6 inch oil on panel, © 2012 Kathleen Coy

I knew I wanted to paint a glass of iced tea. Even though it wasn't all that creative, I was going to grab a lemon to add to the still life, because I wanted something yellow, and everyone knows that lemons go with iced tea. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted this bright yellow tape measure on the table. BINGO! Why have iced tea with lemon, when you can have iced tea with tape measure. 

I really like the boldness of the yellow tape measure against the darkness of the rest of the painting. I also like the reflection in the glass. I set up this still life on the floor, and stood over it to paint. It was pretty hard on my back to keep craning my neck to look down for that long, which is too bad, because I love the viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment