Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 174


Mugshot: Keleigh, 4 x 4 inch oil on panel
© 2012 Kathleen Coy

This may be my favorite "mugshot" so far. I've enjoyed painting the Hilton Head Gang mugshots so much that I've asked a few of my friends if I could paint them so I can keep practicing painting faces. I'm not kidding when I say I learn SO much with each and every one of these little paintings. Keleigh is a sweetheart, and I intentionally picked a photo that was not her normal smiling face, because that's what make these "mugshots" so much fun. I love how the crazy skin colors blend together as your eye travels around the painting...

2 comments:

  1. Great mug! Love how you incorporated cool/warm colors. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine portrait, Kathleen! I like those face colors that you mentioned..adds life! :)

    ReplyDelete